Xperitas Alumni Scholarship
One $2,000 scholarship is awarded each year to a student who traveled as a junior or senior on an Xperitas Language Immersion Program.
Alumni Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Must be nominated by a teacher
- Participation in current program year as a junior or senior
- Displays outstanding leadership
- Excellent academic standing
- Involvement in school and community life
- Plans to continue studying foreign language or global studies in college
Nomination letters for 2021 must be postmarked by Friday, September 18, 2021. Nominees must postmark their application materials by November 15, 2021. A special committee will review all applications and will decide the recipient no later than January 31. Xperitas will notify the scholarship recipient the first week of February. All candidates will be sent a letter announcing the winner.
Scholarship award will be made payable to the college or university. (Payments will be made to the school, not the applicant.)
2020 Xperitas Alumni Scholarship Winner: Madisen B.
2019 Xperitas Alumni Scholarship Winner: Daniel B.
2018 Xperitas Alumni Scholarship Winner: Lily H.
2017 Xperitas Alumni Scholarship Winner: Cara M.
Bob & Edie Green Writing Scholarship
Up to four (4) $500 scholarships may be awarded in any given program year.
These are merit-based scholarships are awarded annually in honor of two of our founders. Edie and Bob Green worked as World Language Teachers for many years before dedicating themselves to making language and cultural immersion programs available to high school and middle school world language students. Recipients of the Edie and Bob Green Writing Scholarship submit a blog post or a vlog following their language immersion experience, to be featured on the Xperitas website and/or social media channels. All Xperitas language immersion program participants are invited to apply; however, this is an especially great opportunity for high school students with an interest in writing, communications or journalism to produce professional work for their portfolio.
- You must be a student registered on an Xperitas immersion program
- You must complete the requirements of the scholarship application and have them submitted by November 1, 2021.
- You must agree to the post-program submission requirements, which are submitting at least one additional blog post of 600-750 words or vlog post of 2-3 minutes and at least one program photo. Additional posts and photos are welcome.
All documents must be postmarked or sent by email no later than November 1, 2021. Only complete applications submitted by the deadline will be considered.
Notification of Awards:
The Scholarship winner(s) will be chosen by a group of Xperitas staff and board members who will evaluate each submission based on the criteria listed in the above application. The winner(s) will be notified by email by December 6, 2021.
2019 Bob & Edie Green Writing Scholarship Winner: Sam S.
2019 Bob & Edie Green Writing Scholarship Winner: Hunter E.
2019 Bob & Edie Green Writing Scholarship Winner: Stephanie M.
2019 Bob & Edie Green Writing Scholarship Winner: Bethanne D.