We care about the teachers that travel with us!
At Xperitas, we care about the teachers that entrust their student group travel to us. We know how much work dedicated educators put into immersion travel programs and seek to make the process go as smoothly as possible. We provide you with assistance and support every step of the way:
- Upfront pricing with many necessary items like insurance already included in the base price
- A dedicated Program Manager who you can rely on to help with planning, recruitment and overall program success
- The best financial aid program for immersion travel in the industry
- "Campaign-in-a-Box" student/family recruitment materials
- Fundraising programs and ideas for independent fundraising
- Classroom and at home activities to prepare students (and families) for their trip abroad
- Support while abroad from Xperitas staff, our network of in-country partners and coordinators
Additional Teacher Benefits While Traveling
In addition to our generous traveler benefits, teachers traveling with high school or middle school groups receive additional benefits:
- Liability insurance for group leaders
- Teacher stipends to minimize teacher’s out-of-pocket costs during program
- Pre-travel resources to prepare students for a safe travel experience
In addition to personalized attention and customer care, we include other teacher-friendly perks to reward your dedication to providing authentic language and cultural immersion experiences for your students.
New Teacher Reward
New teachers (those traveling with us for the first time) are offered a Guide on their program at no additional charge. This offer is limited to select published programs or groups with a minimum of 24 participants. Smaller groups may be combined to reach the necessary group size. If a Guide is already included in your chosen program (min group size of six) or groups cannot be combined to reach minimum size, the teacher receives a $500 classroom grant upon program completion.
$1,000 Referral Reward
In appreciation of teachers or others who refer colleagues to Xperitas, we offer a $1,000 Referral Reward! Once the referred colleague or friend travels for the first time with six or more students, we send you the reward. Who qualifies?
- Colleagues or friends who teach a different language at your school
- Colleagues or friends who teach any language at other schools
Global Leaders Conference
All traveling leaders who meet minimum group size requirements are able to attend free of charge!
Every year, Xperitas holds their Global Leaders Conference (GLC) in Minneapolis. The focus of the weekend is planning and preparation for their upcoming language immersion program. Teachers and leaders meet individually with their Program Manager and international partners to finalize program details. Recap of our 2019 Global Leaders Conference (GLC).
- Transportation, lodging and meals
- Keynote speaker
- Outings and other social activities
- Networking opportunities with other traveling teachers
Professional Development for Teachers
Obtain graduate level professional development units/credits!
Teachers who lead Xperitas Language and Community Immersion Programs can now obtain graduate level professional development units/credits through a partnership Xperitas has formed with University of the Pacific, Courses4Teachers. In many districts, these credits can be used toward licensure renewal and/or advancement on the district pay scale. Teachers who participated in Xperitas programs, conference or training may register for this credit within a year of completing the aforementioned activities.