Welcome to My Travel Fund!
Over the years, we have discovered that friends and family want to support our students’ language and cultural immersion programs. That’s why we created My Travel Fund. With this online tool, generous family and friends can quickly and easily submit payments toward a participant’s Xperitas program.
Login to My Travel Fund to contribute to an Xperitas participant’s program:
How does My Travel Fund work?
- Xperitas participants write a description of their upcoming program, and upload a picture of themselves or their destination, through their Xperitas portal.
- Xperitas participants share the My Travel Fund link, along with their Xperitas Reservation ID and their last name, to their family members and friends, through email and/or social media.
- Donors follow the link and use the participant’s Reservation ID and last name to log in to our secure payment portal, where they can view the participant’s itinerary, trip description, photo and outstanding balance.
- Donors follow the simple, on-screen payment instructions and add a custom message of support to submit to participants along with their payment.
- Both the donor and the participant receive email confirmations of the financial contribution.
That’s all there is to letting family and friends support Xperitas participants on their journey toward global citizenship!
Please note that if a participant cancels their trip for any reason, the refund will be issued back to the participant, and not the donor, for all payments received to date, per our cancellation policy.
Setup Instructions for Travelers
To get the most out of our online fundraising tool, My Travel Fund, we recommend a personalized approach. Here are the steps to get started:
- Login to your Xperitas portal. If you are already a registered traveler, you should have already received your login information. If not, give us a call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click on the "My Travel Fund" tab on the right-hand menu.
- Upload a nice recent photo of yourself. Headshots work the best!
- Input a personalized and thoughtful letter to your friends and family in the box where it says, "Write your letter here." Speak to your program’s educational value. Tell your potential supporters briefly and clearly what the program will mean to you and how excited you are to have this opportunity. (We created a template below if you’re feeling stuck.)
- Click the "Submit" button. You can go back and edit this information and/or change your My Travel Fund picture later.
- Send your friends and family the link to My Travel Fund. They will need your Xperitas Reservation ID and last name as it appears in our system to log in to your My Travel Fund page, so be sure to include those details. Full instructions will welcome your donors on the My Travel Fund login page.
- Be on the lookout for payment confirmation emails! All payments received will also be visible under the payments section of your portal.
- Don’t forget to send personalized notes thanking your donors (we suggest handwritten cards), and to share your Xperitas memories with them on social media!
Sample Templates to promote your My Travel Fund
Feel free to use the following templates to help promote your My Travel Fund page:
Letter/Statement Template for your Xperitas portal:
[greeting in your target language]! I am kindly asking for support with my upcoming [language] immersion program to [destination] with Xperitas. This immersion program would allow me to build on the [language] skills I’ve been working on in the classroom, while also opening my eyes and mind to a new culture. A donation of any amount toward this life-changing experience would be highly appreciated. Thank you so much for your consideration!
Social Media Sharing Template:
[greeting in your target language]! As you may know, I’ve been studying [language] for the past [number of years] and now I have an opportunity to put it to good use! I am kindly requesting support with my upcoming [language] immersion program to [destination] with Xperitas. This language immersion program would allow me to build on the [language] skills I’ve been working on in the classroom, while also opening my eyes and mind to a new culture. A donation of any amount toward this life-changing experience would be highly appreciated. If you follow the link to My Travel Fund page, you can even view my trip itinerary. Thank you so much for your consideration!
If you have any further questions about My Travel Fund, please contact us at email@example.com.