Xperitas provides dedicated, experienced staff to create the best learning experience, organizing all logistics of the program while also working with Team Leaders and communities to create a transformative experience. We don't just talk about how we care about our travelers, we integrate essential protections into every aspect of our programs. Xperitas Rest Assured Advantages are designed to provide teachers, students, and chaperones with the travel assurances and assistance they need.
- Travel insurance for all participants and leaders
- Liability insurance for leaders
- Pre-departure orientation
- Pre-departure and re-entry assistance
- All lodging, transportation, and meals as listed on itinerary
- A contribution to the community project
- Trained Xperitas Team Leader for duration of travel
The Role of Team Leader
Programs are led by faculty in partnership with an Xperitas Team Leader who supplies the following support:
- Logistics management
- Community partner liaison
- Translator (if needed)
- Facilitates group reflection
Team Leaders are trained in facilitation, group dynamics, and cross-cultural communication. Each day, they facilitate a team meeting to reflect on the day’s events, where students are asked to share their individual reflections in a team journal. The journal is distributed to the group after the program and serves as a reminder of their collective experience.
An Xperitas Team Leader shares her experience with Community Immersion Programs. Read More