World Events Affecting Travel
Updated May, 28, 2020
The events of the past few months since the outbreak of COVID-19 have been unprecedented in our lifetime, resulting in changes in every aspect of our lives. Teachers’ classrooms are now virtual and students (and families) are working hard to adjust to remote learning. At Xperitas we have had to adjust to working remotely too, but we are also focusing on moving forward and are committed to providing high quality, safe, fun and educational programming for our teachers and students in 2021 and beyond.
- The safety, health and security of our travelers and teachers will always be our primary concern. We will continue to work closely with our partners abroad as they actively monitor the impact of COVID-19 on their communities and the actions they need to take to move safely forward.
- We will look to the U.S. State Department, World Health Organization and the CDC for guidance on travel.
Enroll with Confidence
- Xperitas’ cancellation policy has been adjusted for 2021 to assure students and families that they can enroll in an Xperitas program with the ability to cancel and receive a full refund leading up to the 2021 program enrollment deadlines (October 1st for spring programs and October 15th for summer programs). We will continue to monitor the situation as it develops throughout the upcoming months and will keep all enrollees and their families updated as we approach the final enrollment date.
- Xperitas provides medical coverage for minor illnesses and accidents for students while they are abroad through Core Travel Insurance.
- We also provide trip cancellation insurance for medically related causes affecting the participant or a member of the participant’s family.
- We do not provide "cancel for any reason” travel insurance but are working on locating a trusted provider that we could recommend to families who would like to purchase this kind of coverage.
- At this time, all 2020 refunds have been issued to families. Any student that was registered for a 2020 program that was cancelled will receive a $250 credit toward a 2021 program enrollment if their school plans a program for 2021.
- We have also extended our Early Bird deadline to July 15, 2020 to allow families more time to take advantage of this $200 discount.