2018 CPP Team Leader Training
September 7-9, 2018
Each fall, Xperitas offers a training course for those interested in becoming a Team Leader for our Community Partnership Programs. Over the weekend, we focus on building the competencies and knowledge base required to successfully lead diverse groups of people through an Xperitas cross-cultural learning experience.
Our Team Leader training curriculum was developed through research and decades of collaborative experience, including input from staff, partner communities, trainers, program participants and team leaders. Topics include cross-cultural communication skills, conflict management, philosophies of development, group dynamics, leadership styles, and more.
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding opportunity, please keep reading to learn more about the role and application process.
Team Leader Role
The team leader facilitates trip logistics, assures capable leadership for team reflection and experiential learning and serves as the primary person responsible for ensuring a positive relationship and interactions with the partner community.
Team Leader Qualifications
Team Leaders have a a lot of responsibilities and a wide range of skills! They manage logistics, handle trip finances, serve as a cultural liaison between participants and the host community, and lead daily reflection exercises. Here are some of the skills we desire for this position:
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in a team
- Group facilitation skills
- Desire to experience new culture, foods, and customs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Cross-cultural experience
- Leadership experience
- Experience working with youth or college-age students
- Willingness to commit to CP principles and approach to partnering with communities
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Enthusiasm for life outside of your comfort zone
- Foreign language skills (preferred)
Steps to becoming a Team Leader Training
- Attend the Team Leader Training weekend workshop (download application).
- Contribute as a leader-in-training (LIT), during which you work as an “apprentice to a Team Leader on a CP program. (LIT is responsible for air travel for their program.)
- Serve as a CPP Team Leader. (All program costs are covered)
2018 CPP Team Leader Training Dates
September 7 - 9, 2018
Camp St. Croix
532 County Rd F, Hudson, WI 54016
Two options for registration for 2018 Team Leader Training
1) Download the application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emilia will contact you for a credit card payment.
2) Download the application and mail with check payable to Xperitas to the following address:
129 N. 2nd St. Ste 102
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Applications must be received by August 15, 2018.