Xperitas Community Partnership Team Leader Training
Each fall, Xperitas offers a training course for those interested in becoming a Team Leader for our cultural immersion and service learning programs. We focus on building the competencies needed to successfully lead groups through an Xperitas cross-cultural learning experience. Our dedicated Team Leaders are what make our programs unique!
Our curriculum was developed through decades of collaborative experience and field research including input from:
- Trainers and Team Leaders
- Partner Communities
- Program Participants
Training topics include cross-cultural communication skills, conflict management, philosophies of development, group dynamics, leadership styles, and more.
The Role of Team Leader
Team Leaders have a lot of responsibilities and a wide range of skills!
- Facilitates trip logistics & finances
- Serves as the primary cultural liason between participants the host community
- Leads daily team reflection and experiential learning exercises
What are we looking for in a Team Leader?
- Must be at least 21 years old to be a Team Leader or 18 years old to be a Leader-In-Training
- Attend the Team Leader Training weekend workshop.
- Contribute as a leader-in-training (LIT), during which you work as an “apprentice to a Team Leader on a CP program. (LIT is responsible for air travel for their program.)
- Serve as a CPP Team Leader. (All program costs are covered)
- Cross-cultural experience
- Leadership experience
- Experience working with youth or college-age students
- Strong leadership and relationship-building skills
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in a team
- Group facilitation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Foreign language skills (preferred)
- Willingness to commit to CP principles and approach to partnering with communities
- Enthusiasm for life outside of your comfort zone
- Desire to experience new culture, foods, and customs
- Flexibility and adaptability
2020 Xperitas Team Leader Training
Due to the circumstances resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, there will not be a 2020 Team Leader Training. If you would like some information about 2021 Team Leader Training or upcoming virtual engagement opportunities, please contact Brooke Marchewka.