Now Hiring: Marketing Manager
Xperitas is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to promoting global citizenship through authentic immersion experiences. Born from the decades of shared experience of Intercultural Student Experiences and Global Citizens Network, Xperitas offers programs that embody true language and cultural immersion, inspire personal connections with diverse individuals and communities worldwide and provide transformational experiences for our participants.
The Marketing Manager supports the marketing and outreach function for all program areas of Xperitas. Creates content and manages the messaging and brand identity of the organization across all channels (including email messaging, communications to current travelers and alumni, community newsletter, digital marketing strategy, social media, etc.). Manages technology to generate media and graphic solutions. Analyzes available data to increase website traffic and end user utilization of the website and subsequent tools.
About the Role:
Xperitas is looking for an individual to fill this regular, full-time, exempt position.
A typical day in the life of the Marketing Manager might include:
- Assisting the Director of Communications, Marketing & Outreach with development of the organization’s marketing strategy.
- Design and upkeep of organization’s materials for print, web and mobile applications, ensuring compliance with Xperitas branding guidelines and visual identity standards.
- Writing and creating content for marketing and outreach purposes (including, but not limited to: traveler communication, outreach, itineraries, pricing lists, website, parent and traveler SMS text messages, blog posts, destination descriptions, traveler software communication updates, etc.).
- Maintaining vendor and contractor relationships as required to produce marketing materials, website content and other collaterals used to promote the organization.
- Managing the implementation of digital marketing and advertising programs. Analyze effectiveness of programs.
- Updating material and content on the Xperitas website
- Developing content and establishing timing for social media posts on FaceBook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter.
- Designing and developing content in the form of blogs for the quarterly newsletter to be shared with alumni travelers and staff.
- Providing support for the Global Leaders Conference by assisting with registration and set-up.
- Collaborating with Program Managers to develop updated communication pieces for upcoming travelers (written documents, recordings, podcasts, etc.).
- Updating and administering traveler and program participant surveys each year, and provide reporting to the Program Managers on the data collected.
- Improving, enhancing and tracking Xperitas’ online presence (website, social media channels, volunteer opportunity websites, search engine optimization, Google analytics, etc.)
- Managing distribution lists and emails for Constant Contact and Mail Chimp. Ensuring communication goes out to Give to the Max Annual Day of Giving in MN and that the right messaging is sent at the right time (day of the week, time of the day).
- Providing input on marketing resources needed for budget purposes.
- Coaching and guiding marketing interns; providing direction and assisings with managing projects.
- Four-year degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism, Digital Marketing or a related field required; MBA in Marketing is a plus
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience performing in a marketing role
- Demonstrated strong writing skills are mandatory
- Highly skilled MS Office (power user of Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of HTML and content management systems (WordPress, Drupal)
- Ability to creatively and effectively develop promotional and educational materials, including content and appearance
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with effective marketing and communications strategies, as well as demonstrated success in outreach via social networking (Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter) and other web strategies
- Experience in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to maximize site visibility and achieve traffic-driving goals
- Knowledge of web analytic tools (i.e., Google Analytics), and the ability to interpret the data and develop strategic initiatives to meet web traffic goals
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build trust and rapport with a range of stakeholders including staff, customers, alumni, donors and Board members. Ability to relate with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong communication skills; articulate, with proven ability to write effectively and speak persuasively.
- Superior organizational, analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Solid computer skills with database management and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage several projects at one time and work in an extremely fast paced environment
- Ability to quickly analyze and problem solve complex situations
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please!
We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical insurance, dental insurance, Flexible Spending Account, 401k, life/AD&D insurance, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid holidays and paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage diversity.