Customer Care Specialist
Full-Time Job Opportunity
Full-Time Job Opportunity: Customer Care Manager
The Customer Care Manager serves as the primary customer service contact regarding program registration, the participant portal, account balances, cancellations and insurance for Xperitas. They are also the primary administrator of the organization’s Centaur travel program operations system. Their primary responsibility is to the Directors of Language Programs and they are an integral member of the Program Management team.
About the Role:
Xperitas is looking for an individual to fill this regular, full-time, exempt position.
A typical day in the life of the Customer Experience Manager might include:
- Serving as the first point of contact for email and phone inquiries regarding portal, program costs and fees, payment options and refunds, screening medical information and processing insurance.
- Working closely with Program Managers to ensure the best experience for program leaders and participants.
- Managing the application process by processing applications and sending acceptance materials to group leaders and participants and following-up on incomplete applications.
- Managing the family stay application process by following-up with participants to ensure timely submission of applications and passport information.
- Overseeing program insurance by processing cancellations and insurance claims; registering participants with travel insurance and the US Department of State’s STEP program and coordinating communication with group leaders, travelers and insurance agents.
- Taking care of program payments including collecting and depositing payments, processing checks, collecting overdue payments, processing refunds and overpayments and reconciling credit card and check payments in coordination with Accounting.
- Administer and support the organization’s Centaur travel program operations system by monitoring network resources and performance, identifying and recommending improvements and system enhancements, and overseeing testing and analysis of solutions to ensure the performance of program operations.
- Maintaining primary contact with Centaur team, system programmers and internal staff to drive enhancements to Centaur operations system.
- Managing the cost effectiveness of the Centaur system budget.
- Providing training, guidance and direction to staff on Centaur system use.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Four years of experience with customer relations and customer databases required
- Experience with process improvement, budget planning and revenue achievement required
- Superior organizational and strategic thinking skills
- Strong analytical skills that allow for solving problems in complex situations
- Strong focus on customer service and satisfaction
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build trust and rapport with a range of stakeholders including staff, customers, alumni, donors and Board members. Ability to relate with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong communication skills; articulate, with proven ability to write effectively and speak persuasively.
- Fluency in English
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to manage several projects at one time and work in an extremely fast paced environment
- Detail-oriented with strong accuracy
- Solid computer experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), CRM or other customer database, and the internet
For more information on our organization, please go to https://www.xperitas.org/about-us/careers-internships.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please!
We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical insurance, dental insurance, Flexible Spending Account, 401k, life/AD&D insurance, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid holidays and paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage diversity.