The 2019 Xperitas Photo Contest is open to all Xperitas program participants and leaders who travel in the 2019 calendar year. Photos must be submitted by December 31, 2019 to be eligible for prizes. We will select one Grand Prize winner and two Runner-Up winners. You can enter by submitting photos on our website, or by using the hashtag #Xperitas2019 on Facebook, Instagram or twitter (photos must be publicly visible for hashtag entries to be viewed and considered). Not sure what photos to submit? Read our Tips for Taking Great Photos!
- The photo contest is open to all Xperitas program participants and leaders.
- Photos must be submitted to Xperitas by December 31, 2019.
- Photos may be entered by submitting them on our website, or by using the hashtag #Xperitas2019 on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Photos must be publicly visible for hashtag entries to be viewed and considered.
- You must have permission from any recognizable person(s) to use their photos.
- Winners will be selected by Xperitas staff and traveling teachers.
- Grand Prize (one winner): $100 Amazon Gift Card.
- Runner-Up Prizes (two winners) $50 Amazon Gift Card.
- Honorable Mention (three winners) Xperitas swag pack.
- There is no limit to the number of entries.
- For best results, take and submit photos in the highest resolution possible through or webpage.
- By submitting your photos, you agree that Xperitas may also share and use them on their website, social media, or for our general marketing purposes,
- Participants agree to contest’s complete terms and conditions (below).
- Xperitas staff and family of Xperitas staff are not eligible.
Terms and Conditions
Submitting your Photo
- Before submitting your photo(s) in the 2019 Xperitas Photo Contest, please carefully read the following terms and conditions. Once you have read the following terms and conditions, you can upload your photos through our website, or by adding the hashtag #Xperitas2019 to a public post on Facebook, Intsagram or Twitter.
Purpose and Motives
The purpose of this contest is primarily to demonstrate meaningful experiences during your Xperitas program. Submitting photos is allowed and encouraged if the user's motives are in accord with this purpose. Acceptable uses of submitting an image include:
- To enter the photo contest
- To share your Xperitas program experience through photography
- To inspire other students, families and educators to share language and/or culture
Xperitas is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, and as such we reserve the right to reject unsuitable or pornographic images. Unsuitable images for this contest include any nude photos as well as photos of a sexually suggestive or overly violent content. Any photos that demonstrate behavior or images contrary to the Xperitas Code of Conduct will not be considered. As long as the photo fits our stated categories and shows technical understanding, originality and artistic creativity, it will be considered for prizes.
Public Viewing & Granting of Limited Rights
Be aware that upon submitting your photo, your photo may be displayed to the public. Your image may be included in Xperitas promotional materials, newsletters, other resources and publications created and shared by Xperitas, on the Xperitas website or through public Xperitas social media channels. By submitting your photo, you are allowing Xperitas to publish the photo on our website or in other electronic or printed promotional materials.
If posted on our website or Facebook page, the image will be open to public comment and critique. Xperitas will monitor all comments for appropriateness.
- Copyright of the image remains the property of the photographer.
- Entries must be submitted by the original photographer. Do not submit a photo taken by someone other than you. You must be the sole owner of the copyright of any image submitted. Your submission of the photo through this form is your guarantee that you are the author and copyright holder of the photo.
Model and Property Release
The photographer submitting their photo to the contest acknowledges that they have sufficient written permission of any recognizable locations or people appearing in the photograph to be able to grant to Xperitas the right to publish their photographic submission online or in print, and hereby grant to Xperitas such right.