Awards, Contests, Scholarships and Grants

Awards, Contests, Scholarships and Grants

Learn how Xperitas recognizes our participants and leaders

Xperitas Global Learners Scholarships

The Global Learners Scholarship Program creates opportunities for under-resourced schools to participate in Xperitas Community Partnership and Language Immersion Programs. The scholarships cover up to 80 percent of the cost of the experience, and participants are expected to fundraise the remaining 20 percent. Participating schools must have more than 50 percent of their student population enrolled in free or reduced lunch programs. To learn more about the Global Learners Scholarship program, contact Amy at amy@xperitas.org or 612-436-8290.

Xperitas Alumni Scholarship

One $2,000 scholarship is awarded each year to a student who traveled as a junior or senior on an Xperitas Language Immersion Program. Students are nominated by their teacher. Download a nomination form.

Eligibility criteria: participation in current program year as a junior or senior, outstanding leadership, excellent academic standing, involvement in school and community life, a plan to continue studying foreign language or global studies in college.

Nomination letters must be postmarked by August 31 in the year the student traveled. Nominees must postmark their application materials by November 15 of the year they traveled. The winner is announced at Global Leaders Conference and notified by email.


Contests and Grants for Educators

Photo Contest

The 2017 Xperitas "People in Places" Photo Contest is open to all Xperitas program participants and leaders. Be sure to record your memories abroad using the highest resolution available on your camera. Photos must be submitted by Sept. 1 in the year of travel (fall/winter leaders and travelers may submit photos for the following year's contest). Xperitas will select one $100 winner and two runner-up winners from these three categories: Language Program, Host Family Program and Community Partnership Program. Enter your photos by submitting them on the Photo Contest tab of our Facebook pageLearn more!

Grants for Educators

Xperitas provides a variety of grants to educators who travel with their students. We also provide referral rewards to those who refer other teachers to Xperitas. Learn more.